WHO WE ARE
Faith Community Lutheran Church exists to invite people to know Jesus. We invite you to join us for one of our weekly services, watch live online or explore our website to learn more about who we are.
Faith Community Lutheran Church is a Christ-centered community in Las Vegas, Nevada right in the heart of Summerlin. We invite you to join us on our mission of “inviting people to know Jesus” as we REJOICE in worship to His goodness and grace, as we RELATE to Him and one another in Bible Study and Prayer, and as we RESPOND with grateful hearts to His forgiveness and salvation through our outreach and missions. In April of 2019, we opened the doors to our brand new campus at 3505 S. Town Center Dr. in the Summerlin Community. Since that time, we've seen God use Faith Community to reach more people and build more lives. Through every season of change and expansion, the vision of Faith Community has stayed intact. We are more enthusiastic about reaching people than ever before, and there's a place for you and your family! We invite you to join us for one of our weekly onsite services, watch live online or explore our website to learn more about who we are.
As part of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, we believe and teach that...
- The entire Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, and that it reveals God's love and plan of salvation, and His will for our lives.
- God is Triune, three persons in one eternal God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In six days, God wonderfully created all things and declared them good, and He created human beings as the crown of His creation, and He continues to provide all of the earthly and heavenly benefits we receive.
- Because of the fall of Adam and Eve into sin, we are all sinful by nature, and our sin has separated us from God and places us under His eternal wrath and punishment.
- Jesus Christ, God's only Son, came into this world to save us by living a perfect life in our place, by dying on the cross to pay for our sins, and by rising from the dead so we could have eternal life in heaven.
- Salvation is God's free gift which is offered at the initiative of His love, not something we can earn.
- This gift of salvation is offered to all who, by God's grace and the work of the Holy Spirit, repent of their sin and receive Jesus in faith as Savior and Lord.
- The Gospel - the Good News of forgiveness and eternal life through faith in Jesus - not only provides salvation, but also the power to change our lives so that they conform to God's Will.
- The Christian Church consists of those faithful people who rely on Him for forgiveness, who hold firmly to His teachings, and who receive strength and guidance for their Christian lives through regular worship, prayer, Bible study, and the reception of His sacraments.
- God's design for marriage is a lifelong covenant between a man and a woman, and that parents have the primary responsibility for the spiritual development of their children, and the Church, Academy, and Preschool assist parents with the training, support and encouragement they need to carry out their God-given responsibilities.
We welcome you to be part of the ministries of Faith Community Lutheran Church and Schools. In stating our core beliefs, it is our desire that all who become a part of our ministry will support and promote core beliefs so that we can work more effectively together for the sake of God's kingdom.
Word and Sacrament
Christ and His gospel are delivered to His people.
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciple of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20
We are a mission outpost that reflects Christ’s love in word and deed: locally, nationally and internationally.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witness in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8
Growing Disciples (through the church, schools and home)
We invite people to move to where Jesus is calling them.
“Therefore, let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God." Hebrews 6:1a
Outreach and Care
As ambassadors for Christ, we care for and reach out to our community.
“We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God." 2 Corinthians 5:20-21