WHO WE ARE
Faith Community Lutheran Church exists to invite people to know Jesus. We invite you to join us for one of our weekly services, watch live online or explore our website to learn more about who we are.
As part of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, we believe and teach that...
- The entire Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, and that it reveals God's love and plan of salvation, and His will for our lives.
- God is Triune, three persons in one eternal God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In six days, God wonderfully created all things and declared them good, and He created human beings as the crown of His creation, and He continues to provide all of the earthly and heavenly benefits we receive.
- Because of the fall of Adam and Eve into sin, we are all sinful by nature, and our sin has separated us from God and places us under His eternal wrath and punishment.
- Jesus Christ, God's only Son, came into this world to save us by living a perfect life in our place, by dying on the cross to pay for our sins, and by rising from the dead so we could have eternal life in heaven.
- Salvation is God's free gift which is offered at the initiative of His love, not something we can earn.
- This gift of salvation is offered to all who, by God's grace and the work of the Holy Spirit, repent of their sin and receive Jesus in faith as Savior and Lord.
- The Gospel - the Good News of forgiveness and eternal life through faith in Jesus - not only provides salvation, but also the power to change our lives so that they conform to God's Will.
- The Christian Church consists of those faithful people who rely on Him for forgiveness, who hold firmly to His teachings, and who receive strength and guidance for their Christian lives through regular worship, prayer, Bible study, and the reception of His sacraments.
- God's design for marriage is a lifelong covenant between a man and a woman, and that parents have the primary responsibility for the spiritual development of their children, and the Church, Academy, and Preschool assist parents with the training, support and encouragement they need to carry out their God-given responsibilities.
We welcome you to be part of the ministries of Faith Community Lutheran Church and Schools. In stating our core beliefs, it is our desire that all who become a part of our ministry will support and promote core beliefs so that we can work more effectively together for the sake of God's kingdom.
We encounter God through His Word. The Bible is His Word and the guide for our lives.
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness…" 2 Timothy 3:16
We are saved by Christ alone and serve Him in all we do.
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
We are a mission outpost that reflects Christ's love in word and deed to build bridges to others and connect them to Christ.
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you…" Matthew 28:19-20a
We come together in celebration and praise to experience God's gifts and receive His forgiveness.
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of Worship."
We develop devoted followers of Christ who are committed to the journey of spiritual growth through all ages and stages of life.
Jesus said, "If you hold to My teaching, you are really My disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:31-32
We support and equip the home as the primary place where faith is nurtured, strengthened, and expressed.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
These targets are the vital areas that we must focus on in order to achieve our vision of growth. Each of the critical targets are defined as corporate goals. They are written from the perspective of what our future state will look like.
God’s children are intentionally reaching people in our community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and connecting them to our Faith Community.
In a joyful and generous exchange with God, His children are participating in biblical, meaningful and uplifting worship.
Dedicated staff servant-leaders are equipped for excellence in their ministries.
God’s children are giving joyfully, generously, and sacrificially for the building of God’s kingdom.