TAKE THE CHALLENGE: This Fall we are beginning a congregation wide effort to take the Red Letter Challenge (RLC) which is based off of the work of Zach Zehnder to help people live more like Jesus.
The goal of the series is to understand discipleship by simply going back to Christ’s words and ways of making disciples. It takes serious those red letters in your Bible. It turns out Jesus had a lot to say to His followers about who he has saved us to be and what we are called to do.
The RLC is unique because it takes Christ’s literal words and gives you practical daily challenges based on those words. The RLC will give you targets to shoot for to help you practically follow after Him. RLC believes that Jesus followers want to be the best Jesus followers that we can be not out of obligation, but out of gratitude for what Jesus has done for us!
The RLC will help you:
1) Have a deeper relationship with Jesus.
2) Receive God’s forgiveness in your life and give grace to others.
3) Give you a greater heart of service.
4) Help you become more generous.
5) Give you confidence to speak about what Jesus has done in your life.
You can purchase your copy of the Red Letter Challenge in the church office for $15.
- 8/18 & 8/19: "Why Follow?"
- 8/25 & 8/26 : "Not a Fan
- 9/1 & 9/2: "Finding the Forgotten Way"
- 9/8 & 9/9: "Who me? A Disciple?"
- 9/15 & 9/16: "Learning to be like Thee"
- 9/22 & 9/23: "Forgiving as Forgiven"
- 9/29 & 9/30: " Serving as Served"
- 10/6 &10/7: "Giving as Given"
- 10/13 & 10/14: "Going where He's Gone"
- 10/20 & 10/21: "The Shape of Being"
- 10/27 & 10/28: "The Shape of Forgiveness"
- 11/3 & 11/4: "The Shape of Serving"
- 11/10 & 11/11: "The Shape of Generosity"
- 11/17 & 11/18: "The Shape of Going"
- 11/24 & 11/25: "Stories of Faith"